CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 27, 2008

5 weeks of training and now...

Tomorrow morning, two friends from church and I are competing in the 1/2 Iron Man Triathlon at Melton Hill Park. I don't know why I am doing this or what I have gotten myself into, but I am very, very nervous. I am worried about the temperature of the lake water. I hate being cold!
Anyways, we are competing as a relay team. I am swimming 1.2 miles, Jay Norris is biking 56 miles and Dan Watkins in running 13 miles. I have the easy part!! I have trained for 5 weeks and am feeling pretty good about the swim!
Tomorrow is Joel's birthday and he is stuck at this race all day. What a great husband I have! He could be doing so many other things on his birthday.
Stay tuned...pictures and results to soon follow.

0 comments: