CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

UPDATE

So Joel and I moved into our new home last Friday, July 10. (By the way that was my twin nieces 2nd Birthday, so Happy Birthday Eva and Sophia!) We still don't have stair or balcony railing (long story!), but it should be finished this week. With all that said, we are completely moved in and are trying to get settled.
So what do you do when you move into a house much bigger than your last? Well, you have to stock all those cabinets...right? Last night Joel and I left a funereal and headed to Wal-Mart to get a few things. As we were walking to the cosmetics section, I informed Joel that my belly did not feel the same. ( I hadn't felt right all day.) He calmly asked it I was having the baby. We kept going and by the time we got to the produce, I had changed my tune! I was hurting and pretty sure that I was having contractions. We went to the hospital and they kept me for 4 hours. My contractions were every minute to every 8 minutes. After 4 hours and only dilating 1.5 cm they sent me home.
I had my regular Dr. appt. today. I have dilated to 2 cm. Dr. McCauley scheduled to induce me NEXT Friday the 24th. That's if he or she doesn't come before then...
Wow! We were thinking ok, that's cool with us...Then we realized that is 10 days away! We are very excited and very nervous.
Please keep us in your prayers. I do not like unscheduled events, so the idea of going into labor at any time terrifies me!
This is all I have for tonight. I need to post pictures of the house and the nursery, but now that I have a new sofa, I'm going to rest with a bowl of ice cream!

Good night everyone!

4 comments:

Frances Vineyard said...

Enjoy your ice cream! That is very exciting!!

Holly Aytes said...

Wow....what an exciting day! Those contractions definitely feel different :) I am the same way about unscheduled stuff...so glad all 3 of mine were scheduled. Glad y'all are getting settled. Looking forward to meeting your new little one :)

Michael, Stephanie, and Carter said...

That's so exciting! I'm glad to hear that you knew it was time when it actually happened (or at least was getting started). I'll be thinking about you guys all week and hope things go well.

The Runyans said...

enjoy that sweet treat! you deserve it. how i wish you had emailed me sooner. i would love to have met you. i did put a quick pic of my kitchen up on my blog today. we may be finished next friday? hopefully we can go furniture shopping soon! we are going to have to purchase new living room and new bedroom furniture, and i'm excited about that!!!