CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Baby Shower and Birthday

June 27
My birthday! And the day my sister (Aunt Amy!!), my Aunt Debbie and Aunt Kay and my cousin Mandy gave me a baby shower. And even though my Mom didn't have her name on the invitation as a hostess, she helped tremendously!
The shower was perfect! Everything was so cute and "gender neutral"! The shower was at 10 a.m. so they had cheesy grits, breakfast casserole, french toast casserole (which was wonderful), muffins, mini lemon cakes, fruit and dip and a birthday cake. Did I make you hungry?
The cake was from Mag Pies and it was so cute!!
I was so happy to see everyone that came, but I love seeing Kristen. We have been best friends for 26 yrs. now...we took swimming lessons together at 9 months old. She is such a joy to be around and always makes me laugh.

We got tons of gifts....too many to mention, but I did love this one. Our friends Jonathan and Mandy and Mandy's parents got us a Radio Flyer wagon full of goodies. This wagon is great! It comes with a canopy, fold down seats with seat belts and cup holders!
Joel and Baby J will spend lots of time talking walks around our new subdivision.

I had a few requests for my Aunt Debbie. She can make anything! I asked her to make the gown for the baby to come home in (gender neutral of course) and another hospital outfit. Both of them were so cute and I'll always remember those special outfits. She also made this blanket that matches the colors of the nursery.

Aunt Kay is not pictured because she was "hosting" from Arizona. These four ladies did a fabulous job and I couldn't be more thankful! Baby J has a wonderful family to come home!!

My parent's bought me a glider for my birthday...not your typical birthday present, but I'm sure I'll love it at 2 a.m.

1 comments:

Frances Vineyard said...

Love all the updates! That cake was awesome!